So I've been awarded not one but *two* beautiful blogger awards today - how cool is that? Check out what these two gorgeous ladies had to say about li'l ole me!
And now I'm supposed to list 7 random facts about myself before sharing the award with 7 bloggers I consider beautiful, so here goes:
1. I've already blogged this today, but since it's still so fresh in my mind - I caught a baby this morning. My neighbour's domestic helper went into labour 2 weeks early and the emergency services didn't make it in time. You can read about it here if you want to. I briefly thought about becoming a doula early in my last pregnancy, but shelved the idea after a little while because I thought that it would interfere with my obligations to my own family. But this morning's events have made me think that perhaps I should have a serious look at the idea again.
2. I have really, really long toes. My index and middle toes are way longer than my big toes.
3. I love baking but have never baked a chocolate cake because pretty much everyone bakes chocolate cakes when they bake, so I've always stuck to vanilla. When pay day comes around this month, I'm going to break that routine and bake a chocolate cake for the very first time ever.
4. I'm pretty good friends with my husband's ex girlfriend. So is my husband. She is also our children's godmother. A lot of people think this is weird. We don't care and no, I don't think there's anything still going on between her and my husband. That boat has sailed (and sunk) ...
5. I may come across as being rather conservative & boring now that I'm a mommy, but I actually have what could be called a rather colourful past... Truth be told, I prefer being me as I am now. Back then I was a deeply unhappy individual.
6. "PUMP UP THE VOLUME" is one of my all time favourite movies. I sort of adopted it as a kind of personal manifesto back in my angsty teens. Have always had issues with authority and having to conform to others' principles and values. Not necessarily because I didn't agree with their principles and values, but because they presumed to prescribe them to me. Makes my fuckin' blood boil!! See, there I go again! Ok, moving on...
7. I'm thinking I should dye my hair again soon - it's been years! Whadya think - Blond(er)? Brunette? Red?
And here are the seven beautiful bloggers I nominate:
Angel because she rocks and because her cupcakes have been an inspiration.
Jessica because she's lovely. :)
Sharon for being unbelievably kind, generous and supportive despite barely knowing me and for the stunning maternity and newborn photos she took for me.
acidicice for being my belly buddy.
Bananaramagirl because she's such a cool pregnant faerie!
Gina for giving one to me and for being awesome and for the beautiful teacup & saucer I got from her at the January Ladies on Lunch.
Tanya because she's so awesome she could make my daughter sing for her supper!